Carole Dvorak spoke about the history of Fort Verde at this month's club meeting. She came in period costume
along with her husband George. Carole and George are from the Hold The Fort association of volunteers that is responsible for
sponsoring fort activities and helping maintain the fort.
Camp Verde is one of the forty two Indian war forts and is, probably, the largest and best preserved of the remaining forts.
Fort Verde was established as a temporary fort in 1865. The first permanent structure was built in 1871 and used as a fort until 1891.
Please visit the Fort Verde State Historic Park
website for all information and activities.